August 16 @ 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm
An event every 2 weeks that begins at 3:00 pm on Wednesday, repeating indefinitely
The Bookmobile stops across from the Parkers Prairie Post Office every other Wednesday throughout the year. You can find the Bookmobile there from 3 pm to 4 pm. Not only does the Bookmobile have books, movies & magazines to check out, but the Bookmobile and member libraries also offer a wide variety of electronic resources including Ebooks, downloadable audiobooks, streaming movies, TV and music, and a wide variety of educational databases and distance learning resources.
In addition to providing bookmobile service to rural residents and those who live in communities without a public library, VLS provides:
- high-speed telecommunications network and internet access to member libraries, as well as technical, software, and hardware support.
- the online catalog and circulation system used by member libraries and the bookmobile.
- access to online tools, like the new JobNow and HelpNow databases, which provide free access to a virtual job coach or tutor for students in grades k-12. And access to e-resources through shared system-wide collections available on Overdrive or the My Libby app.
- inter-library loan and delivery services, which make it possible to get a book from any library in the system delivered to your home library within a few days.
- outreach services to area child care and group homes.
- Legacy Amendment funded arts, history, and cultural programming in conjunction with member libraries.
VLS headquarter offices are located at 1915 W. Fir Avenue in Fergus Falls, MN, and System staff can be reached at 218-739-5286 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org