Links to local utility companies:
Parkers Prairie Utilities – Water and Sewer
Otter Tail Power Company – Electric and Gas Utilities
Gopher State One Call – Call Before You Dig
Arvig Communication Systems – Cable and Phone
Minnesota Workforce Development
Workforce Center Services to Employers – Provided At No Fee
- Access to Labor Market Information
◦ On-line Industry & Employment Statistics
◦ Wage & Salary Surveys
◦ Commuting Patterns
◦ Unemployment Rates
◦ Cost of Living Rates
◦ Employment Outlook Projections
- Post available jobs at ALL skills levels
- Accept applications for recruiting
- Pre-employment Testing
- Space for interviewing
- Reception assistance while using our office
- Link to other resources
- Employer of the Month Advertising
- Link to your website & information about you
- Newsletter with up to date information to help your business.
- Special training grants opportunities for Existing Workers.
- Access to State Economic Programs.
- Exporting/Importing Information
- Develop opportunities for Industry Collaboration (i.e. Healthcare, Machining, Inventor-Entrepreneur Club)
Minnesota Department of Employment and Economic Development
The Minnesota Department of Employment and Economic Development (DEED) have programs available to assist businesses including:
- JOBZ MINNESOTA (Job Opportunity Building Zones) provides local and state tax exemptions to new and expanding businesses and targeted primarily toward industrial, value-added or high-paying service businesses.
- Minnesota Investment Fund – loans for economic development projects that create jobs.