The City of Parkers Prairie is a small city with a lot to offer! Parkers Prairie is often referred to as “The Gateway to Otter Tail County” due to its location on the southeast edge of Otter Tail. South of the downtown area, near Lake Adley, is the beautiful Prairie Event Center, which can host up to 500 people for meetings, weddings, and other events. The Prairie Event Center is partnered with the Grandstay Hotel. The City has newly renovated streets and sidewalks, and there are more than five miles of walking/biking path that ends at the scenic Lake Adley Park. Lake Adley Park has a public fishing pier and boat ramp, along with a large shelter and tent-camping areas. Taking a stroll through the downtown area, visitors are welcomed by friendly business owners and residents alike. The downtown area leads to the large City Park and newly constructed outdoor Aquatic Center. On the first weekend of August, Parkers Prairie welcomes everyone for the Fall Festival, which is a super event that offers something for everyone!
Non - Emergency
City Hall Hours
|Councilmember||Linda Martinson Bates||320-808-9393|
The Mayor and City Council Members welcome you to contact them with questions and comments!
In addition to welcoming your phone calls, Mayor Kevin Birkholz has set aside some time to meet with residents of Parkers Prairie. Please feel free to visit Mayor Birkholz at any of the times listed on the schedule below.
- City Council meets the 3rd Monday of each month in the City Hall Council Chambers at 7:00 P.M.
- Meeting Agendas are posted in the City Hall front door window.
- Special Meetings are posted in the City Hall front door window.
If you would like to be on the city's agenda please complete an agenda request form. The form must be received at the City Hall office a minimum of 7 calendar days prior to the meeting in order to be included on the agenda.
Visit City Administrator Beth Wussow or Deputy Clerks Vi Dorn and Sheila Schilling at the City Hall, located at 102 North Otter Avenue, for City information. Beth, Vi and Sheila are pleased to welcome and provide the following services:
- Coordinates the operations of City government
- Carries out the policies adopted by the City Council
- Recommends measures for administrative efficiency and the safety and welfare of the city residents
- Prepares and submits the annual budget to the city council
- Accepts filings for City offices
- Publishes legal notices of hearings, bids and other information
- Prepares and records all council agendas and minutes and handles Council correspondence
- Carries out the economic development function and activities of the City
- Prepares resolutions for adoption by the Council
- Handles all contracts for the City
- Administers various aspects of elections and obtains all election judges
- Notary Public
- Provides general information as requested by the public
- Retains signature authority and keeps the official seal of the City
- Serves as the Data Practices Responsible Authority for the City
- Accepts payments for special assessments
- Assists in preparing and submitting annual budget to the city council
- Distributes materials adopted by the Common Council
- Maintains official records for the City
- Handles all licenses for the City
- Receives monies from the public for Parkers Prairie utility bills